Monday, October 19, 2009

Off to Work I Go

Just a quick post to follow up on my visit to Cheyenne.
What a great evening. Hopefully I'll have some photos soon to share. I've gotten quite a few emails this morning asking follow up questions. Hopefully I've answered all your questions. If not though, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Alright, so last year, I did a visit down in Douglas and I promised the kids that I'd post some images that I painted at 'Natural Bridge'. I don't claim to be a great painter in the field although I have fun with it and really, that's what it's all about. I am planning a few trip this next season to paint out in the field. I really want to take an oil palette out and see what happens. I'll post those if they turn out as well. For right now though, I'm just going to post a few of the quick watercolor sketches that I did when I had my son and a young student with me. I was trying to paint, swat flies, and keep two children safe simultaneously. Hope you like these?

Also a few other images that I thought were cool when they arrived in the studio. After visits I'm lucky enough to get letters and posters. All come in creative and some exceptionally so.
The box was made of a poster that I had done the illustration for.


This box still sits in my studio and I constantly wonder how much time it took. Very cool and strange at the same time. I love it.

Thanks for a wonderful night in Cheyenne. I had a great time because of all of you. Hope to see you again soon. Now I better start working on a few deadlines.
-Z-

No comments: